Tuesday, October 5, 2010

october sky

before you start reading this post, click the link above and just let that song play while you read. 
october sky is one of my favorite movies, and it's not because i love the movie so much. the soundtrack is by far my ultimate favorite. it is some of the most beautiful music i have ever heard, and this song is known to me as "track 17" for special reasons and is my fave. 
now why the random october sky reference? because it's finally october!!! october is by far the best month of the year. i can hardly explain how much i love it but let me try:
  • it's when it really starts to feel like fall. and i love love love fall.
  • the colors of the leaves are amazing.
  • going off of that one, i love the clothes that i get to start wearing in october. sweaters, boots, sweatshirts, darker colors.
  • corn mazes. i think corn mazes are a blast. thats something ill miss about minnesota because i just feel like they wont be the same here in utah.

  • halloween. the entire atmosphere that comes along with halloween is so fun. the decorations are sick, being able to dress up and be whoever you want is awesome, and you get to eat as much candy as you want. and you know i love me some chocolate. 
  • walks outside. i remember fall of junior year i went on a bit of an adventure with heather kohl, mike ficks, and tyler peniata to wolsfeld woods or "big woods" in orono and it was one of my fave walks of all time. i remember our shoes were so muddy after we got out and at one point heather and i both had to be piggy-backed across a super muddy area by the boys. but it honestly was one of the most beautiful places ive seen. the colors were so beautiful and there were so many trees. but three ponds park off of bass lake rd will always be my #1 place to take walks. 
  • football and soccer season are both going on and in high school, those games were my favorite. once again, the weather and the friends just made it perfect. 
basically this post just made me really really miss fall in minnesota. not being able to be there for it kills me, especially when writing about it brings back so many memories...so this is also just a little shout out to everyone back home that i miss you more than you know and thank you for always making october/fall the best time of the year for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment