Monday, January 31, 2011

weekend away

I would just first off like to apologize for my absence, I just have not been feeling inspired lately. But here I am, with some pics and stories to share. 
I talked to my mom a couple weeks ago while I was feeling pretty frustrated with school and stuff and as an antidote, she suggested that I head up to Salt Lake for a weekend and hang out with my cousins. So Friday, Erin let me borrow her car and I drove up to Salt Lake and made it to Sammy's basketball game, which I've been wanting to go to for forever. It was awesome to be able to see him in his element playing for Olympus High School. It was also hilarious to be back in the high school atmosphere, with everything and everyone being dramatic, and with cheerleaders that are actually good....unlike my high school's...ha


i got to see brinny boo, which was not expected! and spennie bug with all his lady friends...

after the game, Meg and I headed out on over an hour's drive into the middle of the West desert to a bonfire that consisted of supposedly 300 Christmas trees, but I'm not quite convinced that's accurate. But still, there were SO many trees that were brought there by trucks and trailers. The line of cars following each other seemed to be never-ending. My toes just about froze because it took forevsies to start the fire but as soon as it started, you couldn't stand within like, 15 feet of it because it was so big and hot. 
before
after

not going to lie, it was super sick. 

Then the weekend just got better because yesterday my dad came into town just for a couple of days so I got to go back to Salt Lake for dinner at grandma and grandpa jackson's, which was so nice and hang out with my family. I have just realized how much I love my family lately. I really have taken them for granted through high school, but now they really have become my best friends. I love spending time with them and am so glad that I have my three siblings and a nephew so close to me. 

 cutest child in the world





1 comment:

  1. Finally -- a new post! I love seeing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete