Friday, May 27, 2011

nothing like this

I was given the wonderful opportunity by my parents to go home to Minnesota this weekend. I could not have loved it more. I was able to see my family and my very best friends in the whole wide world which was much needed, I have missed them dearly. Right off the plane I headed to the Armstrong girls' rugby game to support my little babies. 

thank you jordan.


I was really lucky to be able to see a ton of events that I wouldn't have been able to see due to living in Provo. I got to see Caroline's 8th grade choir concert and she had a solo in Michael Jackson's, "We Are the World". She rocked it obviously. I got to see one of Quinn's rugby games where he's an all-star. So proud. Caroline's piano recital ended up being on Sunday so I got to go to that and hear her play which was good. Then the adventure of going to the airport on Monday night, getting to my gate, finding out my flight was delayed, and ending up having to come back home just to take a flight very early in the morning the next day. But the lucky thing that came out of that was that I got to see the freshmen/varsity spring choir concert at Armstrong, so I got to see Quinny sing. It really brought last year back to me and just how significant spring concert was in my life last year. I'm really sad I couldn't be there for Concert Choir's.


Most important event of the weekend and the one that I'm most proud of is that Mom graduated! She got her K-8 teaching license and her master's degree from St. Thomas University. She has worked so incredibly hard to achieve this and I'm so happy for her. She is going to be an amazing teacher and her students are so lucky. Thanks for still being such a wonderful mom while being a straight-A college student! We love you.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I was so glad you were able to share that with us -- you were a big part of why I was able to do it all. Love you.

    ReplyDelete