Monday, September 13, 2010

"Well that's fun"


College. What a different experience from high school. I'm one of those people who would probably have been content staying in high school for the rest of my life which is slightly embarrassing but completely true. Being away from half of my family and all of my best friends is extremely difficult. I thought I was going to be fine, but it's so much harder than I thought. But enough with the sad.

I really do love BYU though! It is an amazing place. The people, the teachers, the campus, everything. This past weekend I was able to hear from three general authorities right here on campus: Richard G. Scott, Jeffrey R. Holland, and Boyd K. Packer. Like, whaaat? Very cool and exactly what I've been needing. I realized that I really need to start putting in the effort when it comes to strengthening my testimony here. I need to be consistent in reading my scriptures, I need to find time to go to the temple, I need to pray every morning and night and not be afraid to go to the Lord with my problems. He knows what I need way better than I do.

My roommate Melissa and I have been having a blast this week ever since we decided it was finally time to actually decorate our room. We now have four posters of our fave boys: J-biebz, Taylor Lautner, Nick Jonas, and oh yeah...another J-biebz. We also finally put all of our pictures up on our boards and have started our quote wall, one of our favorites being "well that's fun". It can never be used too often.

I'm excited to be starting a blog, as lame as I feel, but I think it's the easiest way for me to record what's going on in my life and keep people updated. So run and tell that...homeboy.


3 comments:

  1. Love it! I hope you'll keep it up. By the way, the other half of your family misses you. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUVS EEEET GURL! love the title, obvs. love the topics, obvs. love you, obvs.

    ReplyDelete